Users who belong to the same private pod are implicitly connected. If you attempt to connect with an internal user, this endpoint will return the corresponding connection object with a status of
- When calling this as an OBO-enabled endpoint, use the OBO User Authenticate token for
- Pods from all users involved need to have
crossPodenabled between them.
- Only one connection request is allowed between two users. When this limit is exceeded, no more connections requests are allowed. A new connection request will be allowed only if the user that received the connection request declines it.
Currently, there are four possible connection status:
- PENDING_INCOMING: The specified user requested to connect with the calling user.
- PENDING_OUTGOING: The calling user requested to connect with the specified user.
- ACCEPTED: The two users are connected.
- REJECTED: The two users are not connected.
The following table shows the connection current behaviors:
|Initial Connection Status||Request Action||New Connection Status|
|None (connection did not exist)||Connect||PENDING_OUTGOING|